October 24, 2011 - La Patisserie Valerie

After such a busy weekend, today was absolutely exhausting with all four of my classes (and since it goes from 9 am - 5 pm). Afterwards, I decided to get myself a little treat for surviving the day. I also finally caved and bought a mug because I was sick of not being able to get milk or juice or cereal. My mug is a little girly, being pink (and as anti-Radka as possible), but I do love the quote on it (very Aarathi-esque). 



I decided to go to La Patisserie Valerie since its been tempting me for a very long time. Its a bit more expensive than the other pastry shops around here, but it was definitely worth the visit. They give their pastries in cute little boxes! I felt like it went well with my mug...



I picked up a chocolate, fruit cake (I don't actually remember the name). It was really really good! But the problem with finding places like this is that now I have to make sure that I don't go back too much...



Also, look what came in the mail today from Nadia (who's studying abroad in Australia)!! It absolutely made my morning, picking it up right before I headed off to classes, and was probably also the highlight of my day. I forgot to thank her for it, even though I have spoken to her since then, so she'll just have to see this comment on the blog - THANKS NADIA :D



It was a more relaxing and simpler day, but still filled with its exciting moments. 

1 comment: