October 2, 2011 - Le Patissier and My Desk

For those of you who have asked about it, my address is:
Nikita Sinha
St John's College
Cambridge Cambridgeshire
England CB2 ITP

Today was a rather relaxed day compared to the rest of my days here. I woke up really late and ran some errands. I picked up some notebooks since I didn't bring any school supplies with me, and I also got some push pins in order to decorate my desk (pictures shown later on). The best shop for all your school needs is Ryman, which is kind of like a winter wonderland for me. I had to try really hard to not spend too much there...



For lunch, I went to Le Patissier and had not the healthiest lunch possible. But you'll be happy to know that I have actually finally located the dining hall here (after four days of eating out) and the pidgeon holes (which are our mailboxes).



I had a scone with clotted cream and jam for lunch (the same thing as I had yesterday), and as expected, it was absolutely delicious. The scone was warm too which made it even better. This time I actually had a pot of tea with my scone, making me as British as possible.



Here's a random picture I took on my way back to my room. This is another view of the St. John's chapel. Every time I walk somewhere around here, I find something that I hadn't noticed before...



Upon returning to Cripps, I ran into a few of my friends (Hareel and Ram, freshers from the UK) since we had a Garden Party on the lawn today. There were inflatables, giant jenga and chutes and ladders. Hareel and I went back to her room and made "cheese toasties", which is kind of like grilled cheese, but its made slightly different here. Our schedule has been so packed lately for Fresher's Week. Here's what my calendar looks like (and this doesn't even include all the academic meetings)...



On Tuesday, we have Matriculation Dinner, and the British are all proper about their invitations. The seal is actually engraved into the invitation and not just plainly printed onto a normal piece of paper.



I decided that setting up my desk was really important since I live in the penthouse, and so its the biggest room for people to hang out in. I really like my set up. I unfortunately don't have pictures of everyone because  I realized last minute that I needed pictures to take with me, and so I only was able to take the ones that I had in my room :( But feel free to send me more pictures! Also, less than 9*69 days left till graduation!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment