Radka wasn't originally planning on visiting me, but somehow my gorgeous pictures of Cambridge persuaded her.... I'd like to think that it was simply because she missed me a lot :D She was in London for an Astronomy Camp Reunion that she normally goes to during the summer in Germany, and so I was really hoping for just 2 hours with her :D
She showed up at my place Friday evening, and I took her to Hall :) You'll have to wait awhile for those pictures, depending on how fast she decides to upload them... We then got back to my room and she was supposedly working on her Phys 106 set, but in fact just playing with her wooden puzzle. Although I don't blame her since it is pretty cool looking....
She had to leave pretty early the next morning, and so we woke up insanely early (i.e. 7 am) to go out and quickly take some pictures. We have I think exactly one picture of us together, but you have to wait for that one too :) The first three are in St. John's...
And then this is in front of King's Chapel. It was kinda amazing how there was absolutely no one on the streets when we were walking around. Somewhat refreshing as well because a lot of these colleges look a lot better when there aren't a huge crowd of people standing in front of them. I guess it was a good thing that we woke up early, regardless of how painful it was (particularly for Radka who had to force me to get up :P)
And here she is, striking the Nikita pose, in front of the Corpus Christi grasshopper clock :)
I'm so glad she came to visit me!! It's really nice hanging out with Caltech people, at least once in awhile, and when it's one of your really good friends, it's even better :) I'm SUPER excited to go visit Copenhagen in two weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment